Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Design APQP requirements (e.g. DFMEA, DVP&R)
Knowledge of OEM change process (e.g. IAA, PER, CCD, CN)
General computer skills
General CAD skills
Good organizational skills
BSEE or BSME
Experience with design and release of Wire Harness assemblies for FCA
1 3 years automotive Wire Harness Design experience
1 3 years Teamcenter experience
1 3 years NX Routing experience
1 3 years direct experience with Chrysler Product Development Process
Responsible for Product Design for assigned programs. On-site customer support required at FCA, Auburn Hills, Michigan. Support Program Management, Industrial Engineering and Core Engineering to meet program milestones. Work with the manufacturing sites and all other functional areas to ensure timely completion of required tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, track, and resolve open issues (Internal, external)
- Interface with systems engineers and 3D designers to develop and validate WH designs
- Ensure customer specific requirements are met.
- Assist functional areas and facilities in meeting requirements.
- Establish and maintain customer interface on design issues and requirements.
- Facilitate review/approval of related documents.
- Track and report on program progress to ensure requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Support pre-launch builds as well as product launches.
- Customer support for current production product concerns as required.
- Other related responsibilities as necessary.