The Designated General Manager directs the operation of all assigned units within a district by performing the duties outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement the IHOP Service Excellence Team member training program for all restaurant hourly employees, to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Execute annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit as defined by the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and current operations plan.
- Manage the restaurant floor and focus on regular contact with guests.
- Maintain the frequency of guest complaints within acceptable limits and handle complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure approved comment cards are in use and acted upon.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the assigned unit.
- Recruit, train and retain employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Maintain turnover within acceptable limits.
- Conduct on-going coaching and administer the restaurant hourly compensation plan.
- Assure performance appraisals and that merit increases (if applicable) are given as scheduled.
- Properly document performance problems. Communicate and enforce policies on 1) sexual harassment, 2) discrimination, 3) diversity. Maintain crewmember appearance and uniform standards.
- Ensure food is in compliance with SOP in the areas of specifications, recipes, plating, and garnishes.
- Ensure food is presented well and served at appropriate temperatures, within standard ticket times.
- Control guest checks and follow proper register/cash-handling procedures.
- Implement national and local marketing promotions, including the use of the correct Point of Purchase (POP), posters, and placements. Keep menus clean and in good condition.
- Use Family Friendly promotional items as described in the marketing section of the SOP
- Complete all required reports and paperwork.
- Handle paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintain personnel files with appropriate employment and legal documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.