Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Science and technology on a mission! Join us in supporting Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we are making the world a safer place. We apply science and technology to make the world a safer place and deliver solutions for the nation's most challenging security problems.
Gryphon Technologies has an immediate opportunity as a Designer / CAD Operator to support our LLNL program in Livermore, CA.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Using ProE / Creo to design products.
- Creating & releasing engineering drawings & documents using Windchill PLM systems.
- Evaluating & recommending design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products.
- Investigating solutions to product or process problems.
- Developing prototypes to retire key development risks.
- Working independently from minimal instruction to develop complex design solutions.
- Multi-tasking in an evolving project environment with aggressive timelines.
- Performing tolerance analysis.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Supporting testing of products.
- Tooling design and product testing.
- Providing support to resolve vendor manufacturing issues.
- Current DOE Q Clearance (or a DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance
- HS Diploma (AS degree in design is preferred))
- Precision mechanical & electronics packaging design experience required
- Extensive 3D CAD experience
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles & tolerance analysis
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes & precision assembly methods
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Good communication & organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and work effectively as a member of a team
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Experience with Creo Schematics/PTC Routed Systems Products (Pro/Cable, Pro/Piping)
- Laser or Weapon Mechanical design experience
- Experience with technology and products
- Casting & injection molding experience
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.