Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
Produce various types of drawings and models in support of new vessel construction. Will also assist with the development of CAD and modeling standards to be used on specific projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key requirements and duties:
- Participate in Detailing Planning and Fabrication build planning events.
- Ability to create detail drawings based on information derived from various sources, including customer drawings, supplier drawings, contract documents, sketches, verbal instructions, and other Vigor protocols and guidelines.
- Knowledge of industry standards for mechanical drafting.
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) manufacturing processes, including welding, assembly and machining, and pipe fitting.
- Ability/willingness to comply with all document control, security and QA procedures and requirements.
- Effective communication skills to share information with co-workers.
- Produce various types of drawings (detail drawings, sketches, weld maps, inspection drawings, etc.) that are clear, complete and accurate.
- Check outsourced drawings for accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
- Take direction from and provide support to the Engineering Project Manager and Project Engineers as required.
- Good Time Management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work as required.
Designers do not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Effective Communication skills in order to communicate effectively with Managers and co-workers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Autocad and/or Solidworks.
- Experience with 3D modeling and/or Shipconstructor is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Technical skills, including spatial reasoning, mechanical aptitude.
- Good reading comprehension and math skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed, low supervision environment.
- Knowledge of GD&T (preferred).
- Ability to write effectively (preferred).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree is required. Coursework in CAD/Drafting and related areas or comparable experience required. Experience in shipbuilding is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced office setting with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. The individual may be required to be in production areas in yard. He/she must be able to walk to and from job sites. The incumbent must be able to frequently bend, squat, crawl, twist and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. There may be local travel and out-of-town travel (including air travel) up to 5% of the time with notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While in production areas may be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts, and odors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.