WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking a Civil Designer for the San Antonio, TX office. The candidate will assist in designing construction plans for roadway projects from various stages ranging from preliminary to final design.
- Collaborates on and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame.
- Apply principles of sound design and construction practices.
- Prepare plan layouts.
- Prepare and check engineering designs, details, estimates, plans, and specifications.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Assist with development of project plans/methodologies for large and complex projects.
- Treat all employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public with courtesy and respect.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds and function calmly in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
- 1-6 years of experience in production of civil design drawings
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering, preferred
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for infrastructure work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Proficiency in Microstation, ProjectWise, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of 3D modeling
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Possess critical thinking skills necessary to plan, conceptualize and anticipate next steps
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on a team of engineers, technical experts and designers, as well as working independently with little supervision
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.