Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Deskside/Desktop Support Technician for our client in the IT-Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: San Jose, CA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Deskside/Desktop Support Technician
Primary Skills: Infrastructure
Role Description: The Deskside/Desktop Support Technician would need to have at least 5-6 years of experience providing hardware and software support for desktop/laptop on MAC and Windows OS. In this role, you will work in an extremely fast paced environment supporting 4000+ users globally, both locally and via remote offices.
Your daily responsibilities include the imaging, encrypting, deploying, and asset tracking of every corporate laptop. Along with primarily focusing on deployment projects, it is essential that the following responsibilities are covered and considered a subsequent job function.
As the Deskside Technician, you will be responsible for completing (resolving) tasks, requests, or issues that are assigned to them. This includes strong written and verbal communication, solid hardware/software troubleshooting for common desktop issues, and a customer focused mentality.
Along with the success of the deployment project, your overall goal must be to provide a world class customer support experience that is hyper focused on efficiently resolving technical support issues with a smile.
- Build, configure, support and troubleshooting hardware and software issues on laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and network printers to resolution
- Interact with customers at all levels of the company, including VIPs.
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication skills (to internal team/customer/external facing audience)
- Ability to respond positively in stressful situations to difficult customers
- Reimage laptops/desktops, backup user’s data, migrate users and reconfigure users’ custom settings
- Assists with IT projects including real estate projects
- Maintain and update inventory in asset tracking system
- Provide end-user training as needed
- Available for after-hours support for technical assistance, project and special events (if needed)
- 5-6 years of experience providing hardware and software support for desktop/laptop on MAC and Windows OS
- Support for mobile devices (iOS, Android, and Windows)
- Solid understanding of basic networking and active directory principles
- 3+ years software support, especially Microsoft 365, OKTA, and VPN clients on MAC/PC
- Experience with inventory tracking and maintaining the integrity of the collected asset information
- Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft/Apple/A+ certifications are a plus!
- A can-do attitude with a dependable work ethic.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 5-6 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Sachin Anand
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2267)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None