Apex Systems is currently looking for an Information Technology Infrastructure expert to serve as a Network Engineer in the San Francisco, CA area. If you are interested in learning more, please email an updated copy of your resume to Rebekah Bruckner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD and DOD Secret clearance as a condition of employment.
- Identifying, assessing, and developing detailed requirements for upgrading networks as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Providing client consulting and training on use of network facilities.
- Planning and leading computer network initiatives.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Collaborating with other technical staff and management in the testing of new software and network technologies.
- Troubleshooting and isolating problems, gauging network performance, and tracing data and protocol activity.
- Devising solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Developing and executing contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Providing internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- Net Back-Up administrating and tape archiving
- Storage (NAS, SAN)
- Network management tools
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Windows Server Administration (rack and stack, creation, setup and administration).
- Dispatch support tickets on a first in – first out basis.
- Closely monitor activities and performance to prevent deviation(s) from the statement of work.
- Monitor server performance.
- Test & install patches per the Change Control Board (CCB) such as Microsoft, application, security, etc.
- Utilize network management tools to provide remote control for troubleshooting, asset management, etc.
- Ensure operations of desktops, printers, scanners, and other peripherals run smoothly.
- Troubleshoot all components in the LAN environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178