Desktop Field Technician
The candidate will possess good customer service skills, desktop support experience and system administration experience. The individual will interface with end users for troubleshooting and repair and will be responsible to ensure systems are backed up, maintained, and secure. This position will also include some network connectivity troubleshooting and telephone support.
Backgrounds with extensive experience of these key areas: Project Management, Networking Systems, Server operations, Computer installations, builds, repair and troubleshooting, & Data Coordination highly preferred.
- Responsibilities include surveillance, management, and event notification of the network infrastructure.
- Coordinate and/or escalate network issues to appropriate engineering team or carrier.
- Interface with end users to independently resolve problems concerning system functions.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to PC hardware and software.
- Update customers regularly on ongoing trouble tickets and provide full report of issues.
- Administration of Active Directory, Backup/Recovery Services, Anti-Virus environment, WSUS.
- Interface with Server and Network engineering teams.
- Participate with project teams to implement or troubleshoot defined technical activities.
- Establish and build client relationships.
- Flexible schedule will be required.
- Strong background in Windows Operating systems and Office suite
- Experience with ticket and management systems
- Computer imaging and configuration
- Understanding of backup technologies
- Strong experience removing computer viruses
- Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and topologies
- Understanding of wireless technologies
- Understanding of mobile devices, SPAM-filtering, and VPN fundamentals
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- 5+ years of technical support experience
- Current Microsoft certification a plus
- Current A+ / Network+ certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT related field a plus
- Citrix technologies experience a plus
- Experience with cloud servers or hosted systems a plus