Optistar Technology Consultants (www.optistartech.com), a VERTEX Company, is a small, growing multi-national managed IT service provider (MSP). We offer a fun, fast-paced team environment of highly skilled professionals who truly care about our customers and employees. We have a dynamic and positive culture with an education-focused philosophy. Bring your creative energy and love for learning along with a great attitude and desire for success! We're not just another company name on your resume, we're your opportunity for long-term career growth.
Our parent company, The Vertex Companies, Inc. (www.vertexeng.com), is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction, and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees that work out of 25+ offices throughout North America.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which all U.S. Optistar Employee-Owners enjoy the benefits of. VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make.
Optistar Technology Consultants, a Vertex Company, is looking for a dynamic, energetic Desktop / Help Desk Technician who welcomes the challenge of joining our team! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Desktop / Help Desk Technician we are looking for will enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy providing Five Star Customer Service to VERTEX personnel and other associated affiliates and clients.
This position reports to the Head of Managed Services.
Desktop / Help Desk Technician
Things you’ll be doing:
- Exemplify the Optistar CORE Values: Own IT! Always Improve! Happy to Serve!
- Provide Five Star customer service and consistently work to exceed expectations by creating raving fans of our customers.
- Become as efficient as possible at resolving tickets the first time they’re touched.
- Transferring knowledge and providing
To do this, you’ll need to:
- Triage incoming requests via phone and email
- Determine priority, create and track tickets in Help Desk Software system
- Perform level 2 and 3 technical support to our customers in person or over the phone
- Provide technical assistance for all IT related hardware (phones, AV equipment, printers, PCs, copiers, webcams)
- Ensure tickets are updated with detailed technical notes and are resolved correctly the first time
- Assist with employee training and orientation
- Assist with new and existing customer documentation
- Assist with asset management
- Setup, image and ship new machines to remote locations
- Assist with creating and updating knowledge base articles
- Work to reduce the number of escalations by performing cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Assist Optistar team members with on-site support as necessary (up to 5% local travel may be required)
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and inventory ordering as necessary
- Meet / exceed tickets Service Desk SLA’s and PKI’s
- Identify and help implement opportunities for improvement
- Participate in the weekend on call rotation
- Assist with user / office moves as necessary
- Perform other duties as directed
The kind of person you’ll need to be:
- A passion to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and customers of all types, from the technically literate to the not-so-savvy
- Sound troubleshooting skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Can do / service-oriented attitude, with enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new challenges
- A focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent work ethic and highly organized
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a Help Desk / End User / desktop support environment -or- a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or any combination of college and experience
- 3-4 years’ experience providing customer support over the phone or in person
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Must be willing to occasionally work nights or weekends if necessary
- Knowledge Of:
- Remote access tools (Splashtop, RDP, or VNC)
- Desktop hardware
- Microsoft Office365
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Active Directory (group policies, file/share permissions
- Experience with machine imaging
- Azure AD or Microsoft Exchange
What would set you apart:
- Knowledge of advanced networking (VoIP, Meraki, VPNs)
- Spanish or other foreign language skills
- Experience working with Engineering software / AutoCAD
- Experience working with web-based Help Desk software
- Experience working with cloud storage
- Previous experience with an IT Managed Services Provider