STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Desktop and Software Support Analyst II is to provide remote, and on location technical support assistance to end users and junior technicians. Desktop and Software Support Analyst II receives and follows up on all open / unresolved tickets, responds, and troubleshoots clients problems and concerns. Desktop and Software Support Analyst II must be able to use their professional knowledge to resolve problems involving hardware and software issues, they must be able to use practical knowledge of operating system, application programs, and network topology. Reports to Desktop and Software Support Analyst Manager and as needed, Information Systems Director.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and / or remotely. Travel required.
- Assists and performs field work as necessary.
- Log and prioritize user requests and track through to resolution.
- Assists and supports Desktop and Software Support Analyst I and junior technicians
- Able to assist with escalated tasks from Desktop and Software Support Analyst I
- Distribute tickets to senior technicians accordingly. Follow through with technician and end user until resolution of ticket.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and corrects them as directed by documentation, or senior technicians / engineers.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
- Train and orient staff including Junior IT staff, on use of telephones hardware and software.
- Assist in creating and maintaining desktop inventory including, but not limited to, location of hardware that may contain Protected Health Information.
- Facilitate and record transfer or movement of hardware that may or may not contain Protected Health Information.
- Interact with all departments and remote sites as the need arises.
- Manage time and resources independently.
- Provide daily status reports to Desktop and Software Support Analyst Manager.
- Maintain in stock inventory. Purchase required equipment.
- Create, maintain and educate end-users about "self-help" knowledge base to minimize helpdesk calls
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two-year experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Two-year experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Networking and Cisco VOIP telephony systems.
- Proven Troubleshooting abilities for software and hardware issues.
- Superior documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent customer service delivery skills.
- Requires minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- A+ and / or Microsoft Certification required.
- Two-year degree in computer science, MIS or related field required. Four-year degrees in any field in conjunction with experience can / will be considered in lieu of a computer science degree.
[x] High School Diploma or GED
[x] Technical Certification:A+ Certification preferred
[x] Desired Skills:Network +, MCP, MCSE, CCNA Certification
[ ]License: ___________________________________
[x] 3 years experience with Windows NT, NT Servers, Windows 2000 and XP or 7 in:
[ ] addition to cert/degree;
[x] in lieu of cert/degree
[x] Degree:Associates in computer science, MIS or related field desired
[ ]Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
[x] Computer literate
[x] Filing procedures
[ ]Money handling
[x] Calculator, office machines, etc.
[x] Lifting 50 lbs.[x]Pulling[x]Hearing (communicate)
[x] Talking (communicate)[x]Sitting[x]Standing (mobility)
[x] Walking (mobility)[x]Vision:far [x]Vision:near
[x] Airborne particles[x]Muscular strain
[x] Electrical currentFumes
[ ]SharpsBody fluids
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.