For nearly 30 years, Astadia has a rich history of providing industry leading enterprise modernization services that focus on cloud application development, legacy migration and managed IT services in today’s blended enterprise and cloud ecosystem. Are you looking for an organization where you can stand out and your individual contributions truly make a difference? Astadia handles enterprise-class projects with the complexity that demands innovation. You’ll have the chance to use your talents and perfect your craft across multiple disciplines and platforms. If you share our passion, introduce yourself. We want to meet you. Whether you’re starting your career, continuing it, making a big change, it doesn’t matter. We need great people to do great things
Primary responsibility for Onsite Support Services including, but not limited to Desktop Support, laptop, mobile devices, software, asset management, Network connectivity. Specialists will support customers directly onsite and remote. Windows and MAC environment.
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. One of their main duties is troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals. Additionally, desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. They must follow strict privacy regulations when it comes to handling sensitive data inside company drives. They help diagnose problems and follow up to ensure their resolution. Additional tasks include performing regular maintenance and updating operating systems while minimizing downtime and increasing productivity. They also help with data back-up duties in case of data corruption. These professionals generally work in an office environment with other specialists and use a personal computer as one of their main tools to report their progress and research possible solutions.
Desktop support specialists must work well with other specialists, including with sharing company resources. They need to work effectively on their own as well and be detail oriented. They must be able to multitask and work under deadlines to complete support tickets. They should have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical problems and instructions to end users in terms that are easy to understand.
A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field is necessary for this position. Additional industry certifications and customer oriented working experience may be preferred. They should have advanced knowledge of different operating systems and network solutions. Must have at least three years experience working on desktop support role, not just phone support.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer support issues onsite and remote
• Ensure support tickets are resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements and customer policy / procedures
• Configure hardware / software to customer specifications
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with processes / support issues.
• Create support documents as required.
• Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
• Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Create and maintain a variety of computer images for Windows and MAC systems.
• Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
• Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
• Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
• Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
• Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Maintain asset inventory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Disclaimer: This document describes the minimum, essential duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, effort, and working conditions of the position. It in no way implies that these are the only functions to be performed by the incumbent. Workers are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related functions requested by a supervisor or manager. Successful performance requires that the incumbent possess and utilize the abilities and skills described. All functions are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some functions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
ASTADIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER