Desktop Technicians Needed!!
Apex Systems is seeking several Desktop Technicians for a recently awarded Federal program in Rockville, MD.
The Desktop Technicians will be responsible for performing hardware and software tasks in person, with the Government customer(s). The Desktop Technicians will provide configuration support for Microsoft Windows operating systems, perform Quality Assurance tasks to validate images, replace/swap equipment and several other tasks. We’re seeking Techs that are proficient with setting priorities and doing their part to hit standard Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The Desktop team works very closely with the Call Center, and is responsible for tickets that get escalated. This position will require excellent customer service and quick decision making skills to identify and resolve internal user’s technical inquiries as well as interacting directly with the customer.
These openings can be considered on a long term consulting basis.. If interested in learning more about these openings, please contact Professional Recruiter, Chris Harless at email@example.com.
The Desktop Technicians will be responsible for the following activities:
- Image of PC's, laptops, and printers
- Wiping of retired equipment
- respond in a timely matter to tickets and work orders
- Conduct on-site repairs for internal customers in a Windows environment
- Troubleshooting to diagnose issues; replace/swap out equipment
- Light phone support; documentation of issue resolution
- Provide hardware support on laptops, desktops, and printers
- System imaging and deployment, refresh and upgrade projects
- Follow all quality processes required
- Exposure to DOS, OS/2 and the Windows environment
- Image computer equipment for internal and external customer and related peripherals
- Understanding of and working with warranties
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to follow documented procedures
- Documentation of work-flow
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelors Degree and 4 years of relevant experience (or additional years of experience in lieu of Degree), and will have top notch customer service skills and excellent organizational skills. Experience with hardware and software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break-fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, and printers), refresh, upgrade and deployment projects as well as excellent customer service skills in a corporate environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc)
- Ability to display a positive attitude and approach
- Must have experience in a very fast paced, high volume environment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178