If interested, please contact Valeria at firstname.lastname@example.org with attached updated resume.
Tier I-II Desktop Support Specialist
San Antonio, TX
4 month contract-to-hire
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Associate's Degree or higher, or equivalent years' relevant IT experience working in a professional environment.
- Security+ CE required or other DOD 8570 Level 2 compliant certifcation.
- Minimum of 3 years of enterprise experience in commercial or government environment.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 or Windows 10 and all standard MS Office software systems including MS Project.
- Possess knowledge of workstation administration and management.
- Basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory (AD) environment.
- DOD Position of Trust Security Clearance (Public Trust)
- US citizenship required.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with Windows 10 environment
- Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers.
- Must have ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Addressing and correcting any hardware, software or connection issues.
- Supporting Desktop/Laptop users and resolving any issues with Microsoft, Adobe, Roxio and other deployed software.
- Resolving problems through customer education, training and direct assistance.
- Ensuring backup, recovery and data restoration from workstations for customers during upgrades or when a problem with the system is diagnosed.
- Responding and correcting formatting for printing and all other peripheral issues as they arise.
- Providing phone and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, active directory, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serving as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178