Desktop Support/Site Lead – San Juan, PR
Pay Rate: $25 per hour
Who We Are:
Our company is a rapidly growing IT Services and Staffing firm supporting companies throughout the world. We currently have a long-term contract position in San Juan, PR. Technicians who join us may receive new certifications for working with our clients; we issue payments weekly, offer direct deposit, and have many nationwide opportunities.
We have a current opening for a Desktop Support technician/Site Lead for one of our financial services clients. This is a long-term position which will fall within normal business hours, 40 hours a week, with benefits after a 90 day probationary period. The contract has no end-date.
Provide support for on-site and remote users, may also provide some phone support. Technician is responsible for the on-site installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions; which will include hardware, software and Windows or Apple operating systems, phones, servers, cabling. Technician will also be in charge of leading the IT team onsite, while being the main point of contact for our client for any IT related issues.
Scope of Work:
- The job’s responsibilities will require a combination of desktop support skills and team lead ability.
- This means that the Site Lead will supervise the IT team, ensure that the team is responsive to issues/tickets, performing to expectations and prioritizing issues appropriately, that the team is present in the office, and that the team is covering all areas of technical support as required.
- This also means that the Site Lead is responsible for servicing our client. This will include communicating with client leadership, attending client meetings, and responding to feedback and inquiries from the client. It is critical that the Site Lead develops and nurtures a business relationship (connection) with the client at the location.
- The Site Lead is not a people manager. They are responsible for ensuring attendance by the team members, they will manage the work hours (shifts) schedule for the team, and they will be responsible for processing planned and unplanned time-off events for the team.
- The Site Lead will not do annual reviews but they will be expected to deliver feedback, coaching, and mentoring as required to all members of the team. This would include both positive feedback (including recognition) and constructive feedback.
- The Site Lead will need to ensure that work, such as tickets and service request tasks, are assigned promptly and consistently to the team members.
- They will also need to ensure that team members are processing assigned work according to SLA and overall expectations.
- The Site Lead will be responsible for responding to escalations, unplanned events/outages, in addition to planned events and projects. Demands on our teams change constantly. They must be able to successfully deal with changing/shifting priorities.
- The Site Lead will be responsible for ensuring that all areas of technology support, as required, are covered by the team. This includes inventory management, timely allocation of equipment to new-hires, and prompt reclaim of equipment from separating/separated colleagues.
- The Site Lead is accountable for the overall performance of the team in the location.
- It is important to note that the Site Lead does also take tickets and support colleagues directly. They are not delegating/assigning all work to others. They do have additional responsibilities and expectations in this role but they are also expected to process a certain amount of tickets/requests along with the rest of the team.
- They are still “part” technician in this role. They are not above helping with (resolving) any and all issues and requests for areas that we support in a given location. It is critical that the person we hire has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and work along the team every day.
- Troubleshoot software/hardware failures; identify user’s network problems
- Resolve escalated break/fix customer issues
- Good knowledge of Smartphone device setup, troubleshooting, upgrading etc.
- Technical analysis skills
- Ability to communicate professionally in high-pressure situations, especially with executive and C-level staff.
- Familiar with networking concepts and PC connectivity troubleshooting
- Perform PC images and data migrations
- Deploying equipment (unboxing new computers, installing/de-installing machines).
- Manage ticketing system
- Virus removal from a user’s computer
- Help users to access web based applications
Preferred Candidate Requirements:
- Experience supporting end-users (in person and remotely)
- Proficient: Microsoft Office Suites 2003-2010 & Windows
- IT Certifications a plus (A+, Network+, ITIL)
- Advanced diagnostic tools, data analysis
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds of technical equipment in an 8 hour period of time
- Experience working PC break/fix tickets
- Well versed with PC and laptop hardware, printer setup, servers, cabling and troubleshooting. MS Office, Outlook, etc.
Skills we would like for the ideal candidate:
- Leader/Supervisor/Manager type experience/skills
- Understanding of and experience with the ITIL service delivery model
- Top-Notch Customer Service skills (this is critical)
- Proven ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work dynamically for not only themselves but also others on the team (this is critical)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) (this is critical)
- Proven ability to handle delicate and difficult situations with grace and professionalism
- Inventory management experience (critical)
- Some project manager type experience (no PM certification required)
- Ability to respond quickly to escalations and urgent issues
- Ability to coach, teach, guide, mentor others
- Seeks out assistance from others, including manager, when appropriate
- Open and accepting of feedback/coaching/criticism when appropriate
- Understands and can work with detailed reports (typically in Excel)
- Must track team accomplishments, especially any and all work completed outside of standard ticket process
- Is accountable and responsible (and understands what this means)
***Interested candidates should reply with their resume for immediate consideration***