During each day on this assignment, the selected candidate will be responsible for performing data transfer related tasks. Employees will drop off their existing PCs the morning of their assigned transition date.
From there, the selected candidate will be responsible for transferring all data from the old PC/laptop to a new machine. The candidate will not be responsible for loading any applications; only performing the data transfer. Each day, the scheduled data transfers must be completed prior to the conclusion of the training sessions, which are scheduled to end between 2:00-2:30 PM. While breaks will be permitted, it is expected that the candidate will be able to manage their time accordingly to ensure the work is completed on time.
This position requires the ability to perform the following tasks:
- Receive existing PC/laptop from university employees, and discuss any special areas of need or assistance, related to the data transfer.
- Perform data transfer activities associated with copying/pasting data from one PC/laptop to another.
- Participate in any activities related to tracking, and managing the PC transfer rollout process.
- Strong, professional customer service skills needed for interacting with university employees and team members.
- 2 years’ experience performing data transfer services in a professional setting
- 2 years’ experience installing and/or supporting Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- 2 years’ experience installing and/or supporting MAC OS X versions 10.10 – 10.13
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft office tools to include Excel and Word.
Work will be completed on the following dates (1-3 days will be added at the beginning for training). The selected candidate MUST BE AVAILABLE to work 8:30 AM-3:00 PM on ALL DATES listed below:
- June 24, 25, 26, 27
- July 8, 9, 10, 11
- July 15, 16, 17, 18
- July 22, 23, 24, 25
- July 29, 30
- August 6, 7, 8
- August 12, 13
- August 19, 20, 21, 22