Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Desktop Support Specialist to work within one of our large clients in the Des Moines, IA area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
- Uses technical expertise and understanding of business needs to evaluate assigned IT incident and problem service desk tickets to appropriately prioritize and evaluate business impact. Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentors others to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success.
- Takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems.
- Communicates status of progress to the customer.
- Provides updates on work progress to Customer Support Specialists and the Service Desk using call tracking system.
- Has significant technical knowledge and serves as a resource for other technicians to help solve complex problems.
- Skilled in different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications.
- Installs and images new computers and loads appropriate software for customers. Deploys new business applications as needed.
- Installs local and network printers and other peripherals and configuration of same.
- Responsible for user data and migration of profiles as computers are replaced.
- Stays abreast of current technology in a changing environment.
- Identifies emerging trends and issues, researches and makes suggestions for technical solutions to solve current and future problems.
- Uses extensive knowledge to develop and/or implement information technology solutions to enhance organizational success.
- Works with Data Center Operations with user file server data storage, network reservations, data restores, various account creations and modifications (AD, email, NCID, CITRIX, etc.).
- Works with application development teams to identify application issues at the customer level and provide technical detail in order for development teams to accurately identify problems within applications.
- Works with network infrastructure teams to identify network issues at the customer level and provide significant technical detail to assist in network hardware resolutions.
- Ability to lead projects that require directing the work of others and with some latitude on actions or decisions.
- Leads team efforts and assesses and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals for project and organizational success. Provides status on project work to management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for all responsible areas –
- This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation of process and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for. This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work. This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external). All documentation should be reviewed annually.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178