Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Desktop Support Specialist I will provide IT technical and customer support to all end users of Legacy Community Health Services. The end goal is to facilitate efficient patient care by enabling the organization with excellent IT Support.
- Documents all requests for IT support services in the ticketing system.
- Respond to all ticketed internal IT and customer requests, escalating when required.
- Monitor status of pending support requests and obtain follow up information from IT supervisors/leads and/or end user.
- Act as the MS Office specialist in assisting and instructing staff in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Produce ad hoc reports as needed
- Facilitate copier/printer/fax requests to meet business and budgetary constraints.
- Identify manual processes in the desktop environment that can be automated for enforcement or uniformity.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Create/move AD objects and user accounts.
- Perform disk imagining via WDS.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Help create procedure process, technical documentation and manuals
- Collaborate on solutions with other team members and customers across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of job related experience.
- Associate’s degree preferred. CompTIA A+ certification highly desired.
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record as responsible to drive to all locations
Work Experience required
- Customer service experience
- Must be able to manage multiple deadline and decision making responsibilities. (Mgr. Only)
- Two (2) years’ experience preferred
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)