Our Client in West Palm Beach, FL is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to install, update, and repair computer hardware, software, and network service systems to support the Company. This individual will maintain and implement desktop solutions in support of organizational business needs and be required to provide professional-level phone support to customers.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician in a small to medium environment of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7, Windows server 2012 and 2012 R2, Microsoft office 2010-2016, and be proficient in utilizing Internet to resolve IT related issues.
- MCP or/and A+ certification preferred.
- Knowledge of setting up remote access for users.
- Working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Experienced in VOIP/PBX telephony systems is preferred.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Must be able to work independently to identify and resolve issues. Concurrently, candidate must be able to effectively work with other team members and with upper management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Excellent time management, decision making, and organization skills.
- Must be available to travel domestically up to 5%.
- Able to lift heavy objects (50lbs or more): assistance can be solicited.
- Troubleshoot and replace laptop and PC hardware.
- Perform hardware upgrades, hardware disposal, loaner program, asset inventory, software inventory, remote imaging, new hire setup, termination, relocation, remote and automated updates, and remote support.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for difficult user problems, referring more complex problems to next level of technical staff.
- Set up, maintain and troubleshoot Apple iPad tablets and IPhones.
- Participate in IT Support queue which will result in assigning and prioritizing open issues.
- Log, prioritize, assign and troubleshoot all calls, voicemails, emails, trouble tickets and walk-up requests reporting technical problems. When appropriate, determine appropriate group for escalation.
- Troubleshoot issues as 1st & 2nd level support for desktop and enterprise applications, local/networking printing, e-mail, connectivity, remote access, and hardware issues.
- Perform server and desktop computer updates to safeguard from malicious viruses and malware
- Manage customer issues and requests by creating, tracking and documenting technical solutions, and maintain positive relations through effective customer follow-up.
- Build\deploy new workstations (desktops & laptops).
- Install\upgrade hardware\software on Windows workstations.
- Set up and configure printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Off hours work may be required as needed.