CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. Celebrating its 30th year, CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational performance and efficiency.
CompuCom enables our clients to focus on what matters most – their customers and their businesses. To do so, we employ a customer-centric, hard-working, and talented group of people. Join the team today by applying to the following Desktop Tech II role:
The position is for a Desktop Technician working at the customer site where they will be working with a team to support approximately 300 computers and an equal number of IP phones. Tech's are responsible for supporting the PC build, deployment, support, decommission and asset tracking of computer or computer-related equipment and components. The position is a direct hire position.
Test and image desktops and laptops. Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals. Ability to setup, configure and add all hardware. Assist Corporate Desk Side Support technicians with large IMAC’s. Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention. Provide technical support to end users via telephone. Back up user data. Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes. Assist coworkers in resolution of end users’ technical issues. Assist coworkers in the execution of established processes and escalations. Test, image and clean PC’s, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware
- Managing ticket queue constantly throughout day
- Responds to end-user issues via face to face interaction, telephone, or escalated helpdesk tickets
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Gather information to determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Partners with other departments to provide technical assistance
- Identify priorities and redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Organize ideas and communicate appropriate messages
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Handling all designated workstation installations and updates
- High School Diploma or GED required. At least 3 years of hands on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possess 1 to 2 years’ experience in a break/fix environment. Able to lift and palletize heavy equipment. (PC’s, monitors, printers.) Strong verbal and written communication skills. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Experience with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Internet browsers and Email clients
- Mac experience preferred
- Working knowledge of systems hardware, printers, scanners and other peripheral devices
- Strong communication and customer service skills with users to interpret and address their needs in an efficient and professional manner
- Experience providing IT technical support to senior leaders of an organization
- Ability to visualize and troubleshoot complex issues remotely
- Highly developed analytical troubleshooting skills
Able to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team environment
Join the Leader In the Delivery of Technology Solutions
CompuCom has a clear vision and roadmap for the future of technology, and how it can help businesses achieve their goals.
- 2018 Leader, Gartner Magic Quadrant, Managed Workplace Services, North America.
- Recognized 15 straight years by Gartner.
- We manage millions of devices and IoT nodes, including 6.4 million devices, 2.4 million network devices, 449,000+ servers and 1 million+ mobile devices.
- We support 5.15 million users in North America and more than 8 million Service Desk contacts.
Learn more about CompuCom and how our comprehensive solutions and services benefit six of the top ten Fortune 500 businesses, seven of the top ten retail businesses, and six of the top ten financial services firms in North America. Visit us online at CompuCom.com