American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 295,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 1000 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of over 240 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past six years.
A Day in the Life:
Who Says Insurance Can’t Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn’t understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss – and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiiflorida.com
Your Title: Dev Ops Engineer
You'll Report to: Director of IT Operations
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of all hardware and software systems including all related infrastructure with a focus on supporting a team of Developers across the full SDLC. The ideal candidate will also provide some level of network support and serve as the backup to the Network Engineer. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation, automation, build, release and deploy of system objects across the company infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational guidelines. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of projects to include: the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in the executing, testing and rolling-out of solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Manage and configure AWS, Linux and Windows environments with a heavy emphasis on Linux administration.
- Pursue a rigorous, disciplined approach to software development process and automation.
- Develops, test and maintain build and deployment scripts in selected frameworks (Jenkins/Hudson CI + scp/FTP/etc.) to automate and streamline deployment processes.
- Design processes and workflows with the collaboration of the Development leadership toward the implementation of best practices for productivity and efficiency.
- Actively participate in scrum meetings and design meetings to drive quality releases.
- Monitor applications with APM tools based on proactive measures to identify potential bottlenecks and remediations.
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures and requirements for systems including activity dashboard(s)
- Provides assistance with the resolution of problems while performing preventative maintenance to avoid problems.
- Ensure availability, reliability, and optimal performance of systems and services by developing the ability to interpret monitoring, logging, and alerting systems output.
- Evaluate monitoring and logging outputs on a regular basis and suggest new (or refine existing) alerting criteria
- Manage and configure VMware environments.
- Provides assistance with the resolution of problems while providing preventative maintenance to avoid problems.
- Ensure availability, reliability, and optimal performance of system and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide after-hours support on a rotational "on-call" basis and to work "off-hours" as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or equivalent years of experience in a similar position.
Experience: Ten (10) years of technology and/or IT experience.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Solid experience with Linux, Docker a plus
- Experience administering Apache Hawtio, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring applications using APM tools.
- Experience with JUnit, SoapUI, Selenium, HTMLUnit, Curl, WGET, Apache Bench, and other REST API invocation utilities and test frameworks desirable
- Experience supporting the following technologies: Cisco switches, Firewalls, VMWare 6.X
- Expertise writing shell scripts.
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Inter-networking troubleshooting experience in a network environment a plus.
- Must possess good communication, organizational, writing and customer service skills, including professional demeanor.
- Experience with MS Visio a plus.
- Ability to work well independently, with outsourced resources and with a team to develop solutions and manage projects.
- Must be driven and demonstrate ownership of daily work performance.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations and how they apply operationally.
- Must be flexible and work well in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and detail skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers. Ability to lift 10-50 lb. required. Occasionally, may require extended hours of work during the week and weekends.
Travel: Minimum, as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer