$19.02 to $21.16/hour DOE
This position is full-time position with medical, dental, and vision insurance, and generous paid time off.
The Matt Talbot Center (MTC) is a Washington State licensed clinical outpatient addiction recovery program that serves adults ages 18 and up. In addition to clinical addiction recovery services, MTC offers our program members services like life skills classes, group sessions, yoga classes and other physical activity, group outings, counseling, connection to job skills workshops, and housing connection services as well as safe, sober housing through facilities run by community partners. The individuals we serve are diverse in terms of racial and ethnic background, age, gender, religion, and personal background. Many of our program members experience mental illness and homelessness as well as addiction. Our mission is to help restore program members to healthy lives, and encourage them to take responsibility for their actions and family obligations. We work with our program members to provide individualized, holistic addiction recovery services and build a foundation from which they can remain engaged in their recoveries and move toward the futures they want for themselves.
This position will coordinate and manage the website, Facebook, other social media, and event-based communication efforts of Catholic Community Services’ Matt Talbot Center (MTC). Support fundraising efforts, donor cultivation, and community awareness through social media and email marketing. Expand MTC’s social media presence and implement mass media fundraising campaigns. Nurture and maintain relationships with MTC supporters and use email, social media, and other communication tools to build enthusiasm and support for MTC. Position will be responsible for addressing areas such as: event marketing and support, communications and public relations, donor communications, and gift acknowledgement, as well as developing strategy for and supporting the Development Director with marketing, mass communications, and fundraising campaigns. This position reports directly to the Matt Talbot Center Development Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing:
- Manage and Matt Talbot Center website, and expand the Center's social media presence F
- In collaboration with leadership, develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies.
- Coordinate and prepare newsletters, reports, and appeals in collaboration with the Development Director as a part of the above strategies.
- Run marketing for fundraising, community, donor appreciation, and other MTC events.
- Work with the Development Director to build out a web-based donor communications list and implement mass email and media fundraising campaigns.
- Work with the Development Director to create a communications calendar that corresponds to the development and organizational calendars.
- Provide support with donor communications and some volunteer communication opportunities.
- Provide graphic design services across projects such as newsletters, event promotions, donor communications, and the Matt Talbot Center website.
- Use Constant Contact, social media communications, Adobe Indesign, and other appropriate technology tools as needed.
- Take a major role on opportunities to expand awareness of MTC through community events, workplace giving fairs, etc.
- Manage and refer inquiries through made through MTC’s social media and website.
Donor Research, Cultivation and Solicitation:
- Provide event support for MTC’s three main fundraising events each year.
- Create high-quality appeals, event invitations and other online and print communications. Explore and execute new opportunities to engage donors and volunteers more deeply through communications.
- With support from CCS Fund Development office, assist with the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), generate progress reports on various fund development initiatives, and participate in the analysis of results.
- Follow the technology developments with Raiser's Edge, Constant Contact, and other technologies as requested in order to ensure the best use of each.
- Assist with the identification of grant opportunities, and participate in small appeal preparation (as time is available).
Donor and Volunteer Appreciation:
- Assist with acknowledgement of donors and work with Development Director to implement donor recognition process.
- Develop and implement timely and meaningful engagement and recognition events and activities to increase donor and volunteer satisfaction.
- Work with MTC leadership to create informational resources for potential MTC donors and volunteers.
- Evaluate donor and volunteer activities and appreciation events with an eye for reducing turnover.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years fund development, volunteer management, and/or communications experience (candidates with extensive additional experience without degree may be considered).
- Demonstrated fund development success with track record of achieving revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and secure new donors and volunteers through a variety of avenues (cold calls, presentations, sound research, etc.)
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Experience with event planning.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organization, time-management and problem-solving.
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet for communication, reporting and research, and ability to learn new computer skills quickly, such as use of Constant Contact, Raiser’s Edge, database management systems, desktop publishing, and social media.
- Interest in and commitment to contributing to an environment that promotes the sustained recovery and success of individuals experiencing addiction, mental illness, and homelessness.
- Commitment to keeping any details related to program members’ personal or clinical information learned through this position entirely private and confidential.
- Willingness to learn and work well within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, understand, and use data to support program goals and development.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs, and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services and a knowledge of and commitment to working within the Social Teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Established contacts within local and/or national corporate, foundation, or media communities.
- Proficiency with computer applications for donor and volunteer management, such as MS Access, Raiser’s Edge, and other databases.
- Proficiency with computer applications and tools for professional publications such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with social media and email campaigns
Catholic Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.