Development and Construction Project Manager
Gator Investments’ is currently seeking a Development and Construction Project Manager to join our team in Miami Lakes, FL.
Who we are:
Gator Investments is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida and is a privately held investment firm that features a diverse portfolio of commercial developments including retail, residential, office, and industrial properties located across the United States. Gator Investments is a full service real estate company specializing in the ownership, development, management and leasing of income producing properties with 204 properties in 22 states and Puerto Rico. Gator’s portfolio consists of retail shopping centers, multi-family apartment complexes, office buildings, industrial properties and single tenant net leased properties, and currently owns and manages over 10 million square feet of commercial property and is actively acquiring real estate as part of the company’s expansion plan
About the role:
You will work directly with ownership to manage all facets of construction and development projects.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate the capability to read, understand and apply documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interface directly with ownership, tenants and consultants to define project requirements. Prepare work scopes, project deliveries, cost estimates/budgets, work plan schedules/milestones, maintain quality control, and identify risk.
- Lead a team, providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals. Implement communication plans for meetings and written reports to keep clients and project resources informed. Facilitate project meetings.
- Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, budgets and timelines. Report status and variances. Create action plans to meet objectives, budgets and schedule.
- Assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk. Make recommendations, secure owner approvals, and issue change orders.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree (min), BEng/BArch from College or University in Architecture, and/or Engineering required
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max, Rhino is a plus. Must have knowledge in, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Work/Life Balance
- Merit Increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and/or Life Insurance