The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society is seeking a high-energy, results-driven individual to join our Development team as a Coordinator, Walk MS.
The Development Coordinator, Walk MS will support the successful execution of Walk events in the market through recruitment and cultivation of participants and teams, community outreach, top fundraiser recognition, and general support. The Development Coordinator acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities include coaching, supporting, and engaging participants and volunteers, providing needed logistical/administrative support, and supporting donor recognition activities to ensure an exceptional event experience for all.
Execute campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants for assigned events
* Increase participant engagement through cultivation and recruitment activities
* With guidance from the manager, accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Walk MS event has a strong event experience, including all VIP level recognition. Works in collaboration with the logistics team (in-house or outsourced).
* Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts.
* Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
* Manage communication schedule of team week emails within Convio and execute electronic communication with participants and donors.
* Assist event participants with registration & participant center support
* Conduct personal outreach to participants to provide coaching around how to utilizing our online resources to increase their fundraising
* Identify recruitment events for Mass Market Events- ie sports expos, health fairs, bike events; ensure events are well staffed through recruitment of volunteers
* Manages call sheets for all event-related gifts and large gift tracking related to special events
* Support timely and accurate reporting support for the development department
* Provide Customer service for Mass Market Event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
* Manage key aspects of events as related to top fundraiser and team experience and recognition. Examples may include set up and management of Team Village, registration process or start and finish line areas
* Provide support on site at each event
* Coordinate production of all event materials including utilizing Society sourced print houses to coordinate printing, managing prep and assembly when necessary
* Assists with all RSVP and invitation activities for development events in designated area
* Assist with all prize and incentive fulfillment
* Assist with the development, management, compilation, and reporting of results from surveys, feedback forms, etc.
* Assists with sponsor tracking and day of fulfillment as needed
* Manage assigned projects to within budget guidelines as directed to include: managing vendor quotes, accounts payable & receivable and utilizing the E-procurement System
* Prepare sponsor wrap up reports and donor proposals as needed.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
* Attend and participate in event committee meetings as necessary to understand the role of committee and provide appropriate staff support.
* Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent
* Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work.
* Bachelor's degree; years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
* One or more years of experience
* Ability to learn quickly and prioritize multiple projects and activities.
* Team player with the ability to communicate effectively
* Takes initiative and is goal driven
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook- strong aptitude for learning database systems.
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
* Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled