This organization is preparing for growth and increased impact locally in its community. As a result, an energized and passionate development professional is needed to lead the organization to reach that potential. The Development Director will have the experience to set the development strategy and manage various funding sources. He or she is committed to cultivating high-value donor relationships. A major responsibility of this role will be to diversify current funding sources and increase corporate donor participation and build our foundation and government grants.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the vision and direction of the development function within the organization.
- Cooperate with the Board, Executives, and Founders to maintain financial health and strategy.
- Lead event planning and execution of events for a diverse population.
- Develop, implement, and oversee communication strategy for various audiences across the website and through social media.
- Conduct and lead communication and development training for all staff members.
- Manage the Events and Communications Coordinator.
- Maintain data integrity for database usage and systems.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven track record of results setting and achieving fundraising goals.
- Donor Stakeholder Management experience preferred.
- Prior experience leading communication training.
- Experience building and managing a budget.
- Prior experience with education development within the education sector.
- Flexibility to attend events on nights and weekends.