Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a proven sales representative to fill the Regional Fundraising Director for our Alexandria, LA Market. Primary purpose will be to cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships and individual donations for one annual Heart Walk event and one Go Red for Women Luncheon event.
- Recruitment of volunteer executive leadership committees
- Interaction with high level decision makers & community leaders
- Setting and meeting aggressive fund-raising goals ($250,000-$400,000)
- Building new client relationships
- Securing corporate sponsorships and individual donations
- Daily travel throughout the territory
NOTE: This is a workout of your home position that requires daily travel throughout the designated market.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Benefits include comprehensive health benefits, retirement plan with generous employer contributions, 12 paid holidays per year, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and a Fit-Friendly work environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of work experience and college course work.
- 2+ years of fundraising and/or outside sales experience.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Solid networking and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel)
Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities