If you are a hands-on technical manager who was once a developer, and who blended technical skills with strong systems/business analysis abilities, then we’re looking for you! In this role, you will lead a team of Java developers, analysts, quality engineers, and user experience specialists in delivering licensing solutions, and developing the IT application strategy in your area.
- Manage the growth and performance of 4 developers responsible for support and development of custom Java applications.
- Develop deep understanding of business processes, goals, and short- and long-term strategies by working closely with business stakeholders in Sales, Customer Service, and License Model development.
- Prioritize your project portfolio, ensuring that the application functional roadmap supports business goals and initiatives.
- Provide hands-on support in delivering projects by:
- Communicating the project vision, goals and priorities
- Analyzing requirements
- Guiding technical designs/architecture
- Ensuring projects have rational timelines
- Helping the team to develop and improve processes
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 2+ years of experience managing and coaching a technical team in building custom web applications, preferably in the IT environment
- Technical understanding of web application technologies and architecture, preferably with prior hands-on development experience
- Strong business and systems analysis abilities, including an ability to elicit, analyze, and document high-level and detailed requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders at many levels in the organization, is an effective bridge between the technical team and the business.
- Experience managing agile delivery of software
- Experience managing a project portfolio, and communicating the application roadmap for a 1-2 year horizon
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.