Do you have a technical aptitude that you would like to bring into a professional setting? Do you have the communication skills to teach others?
If you do, Batteries Plus Bulbs has a NEW & UNIQUE device repair technician opportunity for you! Batteries Plus Bulbs is looking for a person that is able to repair cell phones, tablets, light fixtures, and other devices as needed. As well as, support the start-up of the device repair function within BatteriesBulbs.
Device Repair Technician Duties:
- Repair cell phones, tablets, light fixtures and other devices as needed
- Receive, pack and ship these devices
- Develop written procedures and technical videos for common device repair activities
- Maintain proper inventory
- Participate in formal training of store associates to include tearing down devices, taking photos, assisting with video training production.
- Provide live camera-based remote support (i.e., Skype) for in-store device repairs
- Follow all safety rules and regulations; wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Device Repair Technician Qualifications:
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent plus 3-6 months of previous device repair experience.
- In lieu of device repair experience, minimum associates degree in electronics, or other technical degree
- Demonstrated technical aptitude. Able to quickly pick up on new processes and technologies without a lot of guidance
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to effectively manage and track multiple commitments; effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both oral and written. Strong customer service focus. Ability to inform, teach, and train
- Working conditions are typical for a warehouse environment, with some tasks (i.e., live store support) being done in a traditional office setting
- This position requires the employee to regularly use hands to handle or touch electronic products The position also requires the employee to regularly use a computer and other office equipment
- This position requires lifting 10-20# on a regular and frequent basis, 50# on an occasional basis, and more than 50# on an infrequent basis.