Our client has an exciting role for a full stack developer to join a fast-paced, leading-edge team working to help advance it’s publishing business. In this role, you will be working with a small team of data scientists and analysts to rapidly prototype data applications and analytics tools to serve our fast-growing imprint.
The full-time, remote position will report to the Director, Data Science and Analytics and will be responsible for building and maintaining the technical environment that our data science team will rely upon. Responsibilities will include standing up databases, building data pipelines, deploying machine learning models to production and building robust analytics applications that align with the business needs of our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to build a robust data science and analytics environment from the ground up. You’ll be working with a small team of professionals based remotely. Hours are flexible. Two scheduled check-ins/code reviews are required weekly.
- Design, build, test and deploy data products and applications.
- Collaborate with team to align architecture with business requirements
- Stand up, test and maintain databases and information architecture
- Build tools to automate data acquisition and aggregation
- Develop data models and table schemas
- Manage jobs and workers to support concurrent, multiprocessing of long-running computational tasks using Celery, Reddis or similar tools.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical models
- Maintain codebase through continuous integration and testing using tools such as pytest, unittest or similar.
- Maintain and monitor application logs for security and usage trends
Skills and experience:
- Strong science or engineering background, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience with data structures, cloud systems, front-end frameworks, and other tools.
- Experience using front-end frameworks such as Django, Node.js, React Native, or similar.
- Experience working in cloud platforms required; familiarity with Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Worked with large-scale data sets, using databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience building large-scale applications with reusability
- Familiarity with build systems, Github/Gitlab, Confluence, JIRA
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and effectively
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.