Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a DevOps Engineer to work in Fidelity’s Asset Management Technology in Boston, MA.
Equity Portfolio Engineering is seeking a DevOps Engineer who can assist the EQPM applications in continuing to support and build on our engineering practices.
You will be responsible for the engineer to design, build and advance our CI/CD pipelines, increasing our footprint on a cloud infrastructure. You will innovate by helping define and implement our cloud strategy. You will have autonomy in engineering, and opportunities to influence behavior that will progress the products and the organization.
You will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of performance scripts to ensuring that the applications are built with quality, consistency to our standards, performance and responsive both on-prem and on the cloud.
The role involves working in an agile team, in a highly collaborative and engaging environment and be adaptable to shifting priorities.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Engineering or Computer Science related field
- Experience with advanced Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Experience working with Cloud based infrastructures and Cloud platform as a service (PaaS) on which developers can build, deploy, run and scale applications.
- Experience in Software configuration management, test/QA automation, version control and deployment tools.
- Understanding of Performance Testing tools using Jmeter / Performance center.
- Well-rounded experience programming in various languages and domains
The Skills You Bring
- Experience in some of the following technologies continuous integration frameworks such as Cloudbees Jenkins and/or Pivotal Concourse is a plus
- Experience in Pipeline Services and Pipeline as Code techniques using Groovy and declarative pipeline syntax is a plus
- Experience with technologies that support Automated Testing
- Knowledge of Cloud platform as a service.
- Software engineering experience in any of the following Java, C#, Scala, PL/SQL
- Knowledge of the SCRUM / Agile development practices
- Able to work optimally in an environment that encourages autonomy in the work that you do.
- Understand the best engineering practices and have an aptitude to train and mentor junior engineers.
- Clearly document design options and decisions, and present these in an organized manner to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- Motivated, are a good communicator, can take initiative to tackle problems, and can make decisions based on the value of the solutions we build
- Design and Maintain Automated Performance Test Scripts for enterprise applications based on Requirements
- Execute Benchmark, load, stress, endurance and other non-functional tests. Monitor application logs to determine system behavior when required
- Participate in Performance bottleneck analysis and fixes
- Perform Performance Engineering & Performance Improvement activities
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection and Publish results
- Communicate progress and issues through regular Status Reports
- Collaborate with Business/ Application teams to improve system performance
- Assume main responsibility as Performance Testing SPOC
The Value You Deliver
- You will be a key member of the engineering team
- Crafting how our products are developed and deployed in an optimized automated CI/CD pipeline ensuring high quality
- Actively innovating and creatively experimenting so that we may better support business needs
- Being the main point of contact for the delivery team on Developing and maintaining the Automated Performance test suites for the team.
- Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
- Collaborating with engineers across other products to share ideas and demonstrate solutions
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, hardworking individuals with a work environment that develops diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can contribute to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you wish to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.