Contract DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a part of the Release Engineering team working in the Infrastructure group. The candidate will be primarily responsible for managing production systems as well as the heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment. The candidate should have experience in automation/configuration management tools, the ability to use a wide variety of DevOps technologies, and working knowledge of Python, C#, and Microsoft SQL Server. The position will work closely with business teams and developers as it relates to the tools, techniques, and methods required to automate/operate a 24x7x365 environment. The candidate will also have experience on the CI/CD process, scripting, and scheduler processing support. The role will have in office hours with an on-call rotation and weekend work.
- Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases of in-house and third party applications are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage the CI/CD pipeline for multiple applications across all departments.
- Development of automation scripts and scheduled jobs.
- Provide hands on technical support for business applications and processes.
- Maintain and monitor the data operations and data integrity across multiple platforms.
- Maintain and monitor system health and application availability.
- Respond timely to technical tasks and client requests.
- Effectively prioritize and manage the resolution of client requests including pro-active communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client requests.
- Participate in the Incident Management and processes. Perform root cause analysis, resolution, and reporting.
- Collaborate extensively with peers, Business Analysts, Development, Infrastructure teams, and other business units.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience in a DevOps position or similar; 10+ years of experience in IT
- Linux administration and Windows administration experience are required
- Working experience with but not limited to SQL queries, Bash, Batch, PowerShell, Perl, Python, or VBScript
- Working experience with building packages and container technologies. (e.g. Debian, Docker, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with application servers, PGP, GPG and protocols such as MQ, IIS/Apache; FTP, SFTP, SCP
- Experience with source code management, financial software and services is a plus
- Candidates must have a strong technical background, good written and oral communication, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to operate in an on-call support environment; flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as needed