This is a full-time, permanent position we are placing at CRISP, Maryland's state-wide health information exchange. The successful candidate will ensure the transition of software from development to operations is successful.
The DevOps Engineer role will be responsible for supporting and maintaining CRISP’s cloud environment in support of CRISP’s internal teams and customers. The DevOps Engineer will work with CRISP’s development teams to architect and implement CRISP’s services and helps to onboard customers that will be utilizing these services. The DevOps Engineer will provide operational support and troubleshoot issues with assigned systems, ensuring maximum availability and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the deployment and implementation of new or existing CRISP services
- Works with owners of other CRISP systems and data sources to troubleshoot API’s and connectivity
- Respond to support requests that are not resolved by CRISP’s tier-1 support team
- Work directly with CRISP’s Customers to extend CRISP services
- Generate reports of the assigned systems to track availability and utilization of CRISP services
- Coordinate with vendors and internal resources to ensure operational excellence
- Maintain compliance with privacy & security requirements in accordance with CRISP policy
- Train and teach members of CRISP staff when necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of PaaS and SaaS architectures
- Ability to use multiple monitoring tools including Splunk and Azure Application Insights to research and resolve issues
- Experience with DevOps processes and working with Development teams
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership or responsibility for assigned systems and their uptime
- Provides outstanding, customer service focused assistance to all internal and external customers
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree required in computer science or information systems.
- Experience or Masters level education with Java or other programming languages
- Understanding of Healthcare Integrations via experience or education, preferred
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Experience with cloud environments, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Experience with DevOps processes and support
- Experience crafting complex SQL statements