The successful candidate will be a servant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Blogging and community support are a part of this role.
Candidates will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is very young in its adoption of DevOps principles there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it.
• 6 years of IT experience on web-based products
• 2 years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
• 2 years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
• 2 years of continuous integration experience (for example tools like Jenkins, Anthill Pro).
• 2 years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as C, C#, C++ or Java
• 2 years of experience with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python or PowerShell.
• 1 years of experience with programmatic interaction with a relational database, preferably a recent version of SQL Server.
• uBuild/uDeploy experience
• Amazon Web Services
• Git (contributions on Github++)
• Scripted environments experience
• Configuration as code experience
• Infrastructure experience
• Operations experience
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
• Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) experience
• Database change automation experience
• Real-time automated metrics and reporting experience