One of our Technology clients is seeking a DevOps Engineer to be part of their DevOps team that manages the overall system health, performance and capacity if the internal and client facing system.
· Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of the internal and client facing systems.
· Obtain a deep understanding of the company's infrastructure and applications.
· Manage our global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products.
· Architect, implement and develop tools & scripts to monitor and deploy applications & services in a continuously growing environment.
· Assisting with upgrading & scaling our time series system and application performance trending platform including recommending solutions and creating POCs.
· Contribute to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins at the center.
· Contribute to automation of our code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
· Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams.
6+ Years’ experience with Linux / UNIX systems administration including shell scripting, database configuration & management and managing server infrastructures
· Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
· Proficiency scripting in one or more programming Languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, Bash
· Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling.
· Knowledge of SDLC workflow, CI/CD pipelines and devops tools
· Experienced working in AWS environment with S3, EC2, Cloudwatch, VPC, ELB/ALB, Route53 and RDS.
· Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum process.
· Experience using git and knowledge of git branching/merging workflow
· Experience with Splunk, Redis, MySQL, NoSQL, pub/sub, messaging, caching technologies, and data warehousing.
· Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
· Some scripting experience in Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
· Experience with Terraform, Cloudformation or similar infrastructure as code tools preferred
· Experience with containers, Docker, DockerSwarm Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS a plus
· Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.
· Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other devops engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM AND MENTION JOB# 817 IN THE SUBJECT BOX