Senior Web Application Server Administrator, you will be in-house expert for anything to do with application servers. You will be key part of our performance scalability team helping us to best configure and tune the application server for maximum performance. Company has J2EE deployments and each application may have varying needs. You will be involved in maintaining and evolving the existing Oracle Weblogic and Coherence clusters.
- Provide deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using Weblogic 12c Application Server & Coherence (in-memory data grid) & Tomcat.
- Provide Java/J2EE deployment and production support with solid troubleshooting skills
- Evaluate and suggest performance-tuning options for better scale.
- Actively participate and provide solutions for scaling the infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Supporting Netops team with installations and setup of Weblogic clusters.
- Provide architecture and best practice knowledge to development teams to best use services of Weblogic server.
- Work as a liaison for escalating issues to Oracle support.
- Evangelize new Weblogic application server features and promote it to appropriate internal teams.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and service requests
- Provide off-hours support as needed.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Solaris, Linux and knowledge of Cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with Java J2EE application servers administration and tuning (Weblogic,, JBoss).
- Industry experience designing, installing and configuring a weblogic cluster from start.
- 3+ years of experience with Databases, Shell, HTTP/S, Kafka, and Apache/Nginx on Linux, ELK Stack.
- MS or BS in Engineering or computer Science.
- Understanding of combined design, support, and administration work in Weblogic/Tomcat
- Knowledgeable with JDBC, JMS, JMX, Web Services, Security standards, SSL/TLS
- Experience using APM tools like NewRelic to monitor Weblogic clusters.
- Knowledgeable with HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, Load balancing
- Experience on CI/CD tools Ansible, Docker, Nexus, Gitlab, perforce
- Hands-On experience tuning JVMs for application servers.
- J2EE application development experience is a plus
- Ability to provide technical written communications to upper management.
- Bash/Python/Ansible scripts for automation and monitoring ideally with Nagios/Prometheus
- Proficiency with RedHat/CentOS Linux environments
- Experience with Cloud AWS and/or Azure deployment experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, OOM analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes + Helm (K3s is a plus)
- Experience with Prometheus + Grafana
Submit resume to
Unix Administrator / Engineer