Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 1000 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix Inc. is seeking a DevOps (OpenShift) Engineer to:
Work in a team environment to develop and maintain a CI/CD pipeline.
Perform the role of system administration for Unix/Linux, Virtualization, and Containerization platforms.
Provide input, solutions and interpretation of customer related requirements, issues and concerns with regards to assigned systems and applications.
Create and maintain documentation to support the testing, installation, operations and maintenance of assigned systems and applications.
Respond to system and application failures promptly to bring applications and services back online.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Strong containerization experience with a concentration in OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience automating deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
Experience with Splunk or ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) for data log ingestion, reduction, and visualization is preferred.
- Experience with Linux Server (RHEL 7 preferred) and Windows 2012 to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine server maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.)
- Experience with Linux STIGs and IA artifact collection is preferred
- Configuration Management knowledge is required including version control and DevOps operations knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting issues at the physical, transport and application layer is required
- Virtualization experience required
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliance requirement (Security +, GSEC, SSCP, or higher equivalency)
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance at the Secret level
5+ Years of general IT experience with 1+ year(s) of containerization experience is required. A B.S. degree (or higher) is preferred.