Our customer conducts research and development on space surveillance problems including tracking and identification of satellites, radar image exploitation, close approach monitoring and collision warning, applications of multi-sensor data fusion, and decision support. The Group also develops net-centric, service-oriented architecture that networks all of these capabilities together in an integrated information system.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Information Integration and Decision Support Group is seeking a software developer III with a DevOps focus to help with the testing, monitoring, deployment and updating of the group's software infrastructure. This software uses web services and data messaging between various databases and processing algorithms. This position will work with other developers to enable a resilient & capable software infrastructure for data processing algorithms used by US Govt. operators for decision support.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active interim or DoD secret clearance
• BS + 1 yr, Associates + 2 yrs, or Tech. School Cert. + 3 yrs min experience
• Candidate must have a strong Linux background including bash, sed, awk scripting
• Candidate must have experience in Java programming
• Candidate must have experience programming against a database, sql, and/or nosql.
• Candidate must have the ability to write scalable and maintainable code
• Candidate has experience writing unit tests
• Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases;
• Experience with Build tools like Ant and Maven;
• Experience with other modern scripting languages like Perl, Python, Ruby & Matlab
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Travel may be expected
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.