LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking a DevOps Specialist for a contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Schaumburg, IL
The DevOps Specialist will
- Develop and/or coordinate enhancements to the organizations Association Management
System and associated platforms, interfaces and infrastructure. (70%)
- Design, develop and implement enhancements to web-based platforms and applications (DotNetNuke and .NET-based).
- Oversee development of third party enhancements involving the Association Management System and/or associated services.
- Work with third-party vendors to establish project timelines and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Manage projects to ensure timelines and project requirements are met.
- Develop integration strategies and solutions using out of the box and/or custom developed data/web services required for integrating the organizations Association Management System with third party web applications.
- Perform code reviews for third party developed solutions and oversee remediation efforts.
- Develop, improve and maintain the related source control processes and strategies leveraged internally and/or by third parties for web applications managed by the team.
- Perform testing on third party developed solutions and/or third-party interfaces for applications managed by the team.
- Develop and execute test scripts.
- Provide technical administration and support for the organizations Association Management System and associated platforms, interfaces and virtual cloud infrastructure. (20%)
- Work with stakeholders to understand business functions, processes and problems and be prepared to offer solutions.
- Manage hosting and system administration for the organization’s Association Management System’s disaster recovery virtual cloud infrastructure as well as other related database or web application servers. (AWS)
- Monitor software releases and patches from vendors and perform proactive maintenance on related platforms and dependencies.
- Monitor the AMS and associated web sites and services for performance or service issues to ensure maximum uptime.
- Monitor industry developments in security and take proactive action to ensure the teams web platforms are sufficiently protected against malicious attacks.
- Perform project-related planning and administrative tasks.
- Monitor trends in the industry and adapt the organization’s software development and system architecture accordingly.
- Performs general planning and administrative tasks including but not limited to:(10-15%)
- Work with third-party vendors to obtain quotes for platforms and services.
- Provide management with regular updates on projects and duties.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or Computer Science is desired (or equivalent work experience in the Information Technology industry).
- Requires at least three (3) years of hands-on programming experiencing developing web applications on the Microsoft stack.
- Requires at least t1 year of hands-on system administration experience with AWS (EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Multi AZ, etc.).
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status