Position Overview: Aurotech, Inc., is seeking a highly-skilled DevSecOps Engineer with a background automating the application development and delivery process and operationalizing fully automated CI/CD pipeline/workflows to support our federal client within a fast-paced DevSecOps environment.
Work with Cloud Architects and other technical personnel to implement cloud based infrastructure services such as VMware VCloud, OpenStack, HP CloudSystem, Microsoft Hyper-V or similar cloud platforms based on Architectural designs and network virtualization technologies. This applies to Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud based IT system deployments. Deploying and configuring cloud platforms to provide virtualized computing infrastructure resources over the Internet for the transition of an infrastructure to Public, Private, or Hybrid Clouds. The following types of tasks may be performed by the Cloud IaaS Consultant:
Configuring highly scalable resources that can be adjusted on-demand
Automation of administrative tasks
Deploying and configuring dynamic scaling
Deploying and configuring server and desktop virtualization
Deploying and configuring policy-based services
· Install and manage various components of DevOps pipeline at the Enterprise level to support highly complex large scale application landscape and data center environment
· Research/recommend the best practices on Git (GitLab) branching, CI/CD plug-ins/ workflows, code review/scans best practices/tools, automated testing practices, etc.
· Prototype areas to integrate Cloudbees Jenkins with third-party tools to support all the source code management, development, automated testing, deployment and security requirements
· Work with the project team to recommend, prototype, install and configure DevOps eco-system including tools like Jenkins, Fortify, GitHub, Selenium, Docker, ServiceNow, etc.
· Showcase expertise in configuring various components of the pipeline and adoption of developers on using those workflows
· Provide integrations and configuration support on fully automated SDLC dashboard generated from DevSecOps metrics
· Work with the application team leads and architects to define software development and automated testing standards; introduce Test solutions such as Test/Behavior Driven development while showing a working knowledge of Cucumber, Gherkin, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
· Work closely with the representatives of several hundred legacy application teams and assist with transitioning those teams to DevOps based platforms
· Assist with documenting the Agile development and delivery workflows while aligning those with the Scrum-based agile processes
· Ensure availability of DevOps environment by proactively administering the systems
· Work closely with the data center operations teams to support the operations on systems hosting DevOps eco-system
4 Years of experience in networking, server virtualization, or Cloud transitions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience required
• 4+ years of overall IT experience at a senior level technical role supporting enterprise application development or systems engineering projects
• Experience designing and setting up DevSecOps pipelines for application development teams with Containerization or Cloud-based deployment solutions
• Exposure to Microservices based architecture
• 4+ years of relevant experience and expertise in establishing DevSecOps practice and supporting application teams, using tools like Jenkins, GitLab, Docker, SonarQube, etc.
• Experience migrating legacy applications into a containerized or cloud-based platform
• Experience integrating GitLab and CI/CD pipeline tools to support software releases
• Exposure to Agile development and deployment methodologies; experience with industry-leading Test frameworks, tools, and platforms
• Experience with Code Scans and application-level security and monitoring solutions
• Experience with Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions
• Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
• Experience with IaaS; implementing scalable cloud-based environments and systems; service-oriented architectures and microservices; deploying resilient, scalable, high-throughput systems that process large amounts of data
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code and infrastructure testing strategies
• Experience with fully automating CI/CD pipelines end-to-end, from code commits to production
• Experience with systems reliability, load balancing, monitoring, logging
• Security first mindset
• Required experience with AWS, Docker ecosystem, ECS, Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Linux
• Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet, Kubernetes, OpenShift, SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium, JMeter, Galing, Splunk, CloudWatch, New Relic, Bash, Python, Ruby
• Previous experience supporting a federal agency
• Industry-standard DevSecOps certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related discipline or substitute 4 years’ experience involving cloud based architecture or implementation. Obtaining and maintaining an industry recognized applicable Cloud Computing vendor certification can be substituted for a BS Degree.