With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
Be a part of a new and exciting opportunity as a member of our newly created Next Evolution of Accounting Resourcefulness (N.E.A.R.) Tax Team. This new group will support our tax professionals from our High Point office. Supervisors are capable of performing most tax assignments with little supervision and spend up to 50% of their day assisting, training and reviewing staff as they complete their assignments. They direct and review the work of associates and are proficient in the DHG tax compliance practices. Supervisors are responsible for the quality of the work coming out of the NEAR Tax Team for transfer to our DHG tax professionals across the firm. When technical questions or difficulties arise with assigned tasks they elevate these issues to the NEAR Tax Team leader. Supervisors within the NEAR team would typically possess a 4 year accounting degree or equivalent tax work experience and be familiar with tax workpaper preparation, review standards and software applications required for tax compliance.
- Understand and demonstrate the qualities identified in the firm’s Code of Conduct
- Know and understand the firm’s tax compliance policies and procedures
- Maintain and/or enhance client service through work quality, work efficiency, and excellent relations with our tax teams
- Be accountable to the NEAR Tax Team leader for staff accountant and intern chargeability and ensure that a quality “product” is consistently delivered within established deadlines
- Manage the recording of time daily being careful to charge to the right client code
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teams in the field and the DHG NEAR leadership
- Bring an agile and adaptable attitude to the NEAR Tax teams
- Actively mentor new staff accountants through training and coaching
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent years of tax work experience required
- Associates Degree is strongly preferred with GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Prior experience in accounting or tax is preferred