Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as two free standing emergency departments – Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
We are searching for a Diabetes Educator for a PRN position in our state-of-the-art Diabetes Education Center. The Diabetes Educator is responsible to the Nursing Director/Chief Nursing Officer for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Works with Diabetes Education Supervisor to coordinate outpatient diabetes education program including curriculum development, physician liaison for referrals and disease management, data collection, billing, marketing and maintaining program recognition. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
Assists with inpatient diabetes management program including education and orientation of staff, and physicians, data collection and interpretation, patient education, development of protocols and order sets related to improved glycemic control, development of policies/procedures related to inpatient diabetes management. Functions in role of expert clinician educator. Collaborates with medical and ancillary staff. Monitors clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve patient care and outcomes for inpatients. Included within each of these role functions is ability to act as patient advocate, change agent, and leader.
Essential Core Functions:
• Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
• Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
• Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian required.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred. If not CDE upon hire, must obtain within 2 years of hire
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Nutrition
- A minimum of 3 year of experience in Medical/Surgical or Critical care setting is required
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Program building experience
- CDE preferred or intent of attaining CDE
- In addition, 15 CEUs /year in diabetes education must be met to maintain eligibility.
- Experience and ability to participate in implementation and evaluation of inpatient diabetes care process.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with physicians, nursing, and ancillary departments to provide highest level of patient care in order to meet or exceed patient and internal client expectations.
- This is a PRN position
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.