Responsible for courteous and accurate registration and scheduling of Diagnostic Imaging studies for EvergreenHealth.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Schedules patient appointments and relay scheduling information to designated areas in accordance with program standards.
2. Answers department multi-line telephones quickly and in a pleasant and efficient manner.
3. Reviews patient orders against schedule to verify correct clinical exam and diagnoses. Attaches all paperwork as necessary.
4. Interviews patients or their representatives; obtains, verifies and updates demographic, clinical and insurance information.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Experience or educational courses in data entry, computer literacy, general office procedures
• Excellent communication skills with a high degree of tact to deal effectively with patients, physicians and EvergreenHealth staff members
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and diverse socioeconomic situations
•Ability to type 35 WPM with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, speaking with patient/provider, computer entry, and phone systems
DESIRED for the position:
• College or vocational training in medical terminology
• Two years of experience in hospital, medical office or healthcare insurance setting
• Understanding of Radiology and Medical terminology
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW