Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Diagnostic medical physicist
Based at: Los Angeles, CA.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful Radiation Physicist who will be responsible for ensuring the quality of care in the use of radiation-proucing sources and imaging equipment and the protection patients and staff from radiation. Calibrates all radiation therapy equipment,conducts X-ray machine performance surveys and implements procedures to ensure quelity control for electronic imaging.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an outpatient clinical setting within the last five (5) years.
- Graduate degree in physics, medical physics, biophysics, radiologic physics, medical health physics, or a closely related science or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Formal graduate-level coursework in the biological sciences with at least one course in biology or radiation biology and one course in anatomy, physiology, or a similar topic related to the practice of medical physics.
- Documented 3 years of clinical experience in CT, nuclear medicine, PET, or MRI. The physicist must document the 3 years of experience for the modality being inspected.
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology, American Board of Medical Physics, or the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for,
- Provides radiological physics support for the Imaging Service activities involving the use of medical radiation in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Support encompasses the establishment and management of a department radiation protection program and a comprehensive quality assurance program for diagnostic equipment (ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, angiography, general radiography and fluoroscopy).
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR