Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - PRN
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Diagnostic Medical Stenographer interacts with patients to produce diagnostic images to aid in the diagnosis of medical conditions and track response to treatment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts patients to confirm and establish appointment times and explain prep if needed
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic imaging procedures
- Complete all required documentation including billing information and pertinent clinical/surgical history for each patient
- Produces and optimizes diagnostic images according to established protocols and IAC/ACR guidelines
- Review images for proper identification, labeling and quality control
- Digitally transmit images daily for reading by cardiologist/radiologist
- Perform daily inspection of assigned vehicles, ultrasound unit and other medical equipment
- Coordinate routine maintenance on assigned vehicle
- Remain in contact with dispatch when work is completed for further assignments
- Practice “universal precautions”
- Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of accredited Sonography, Echocardiography and/or Vascular program Registered in modality of operation with ARDMS/CCI
- Valid Driver’s License
- Registered in modality of operation with ARDMS/CCI
- Maintains relationships with patients, caregivers, and coworkers by carrying out duties with compassion and drive
- Excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills
- Flexible, detail-oriented team-player who works well under pressure and functions effectively in an independent environment
- Committed to professional growth and development
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registration in Echocardiography, Vascular and general