The Registered Dietitian assesses, monitors, and educates dialysis patients about nutritional needs.
This position is per-diem.
- Assess the individual patient nutrition needs.
- Educates the patient and family about the importance of diet and fluid control.
- Reviews laboratory results with the patient and makes recommendations to the patient and physician.
- Documents thoroughly according to DCI policy.
- Participates in team care planning, clinic CQI program and Risk Management.
- Educates staff about the renal diet and laboratory results.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, patient care conference and other clinic programs.
- Actively encourages and is an example of open communication between physicians, patients, and staff.
BS or advanced degree in food and nutrition or dietetics and one year related experience in clinical nutrition.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: