Concerto Renal Services is an industry leader in nursing home dialysis. We are a rapidly expanding business with a simple mission: reimagining dialysis care, one community at a time. Our model focuses on ensuring those with end-stage renal disease receive the best possible care through a more convenient, centralized, continuous care model.
Summary/Objective Concerto is seeking a Dialysis Technician to join its team! The Dialysis Technician functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients. Works under the supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with Concertos policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set for by state and federal agencies.
- Provides direct patient care for assigned patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Provide excellent customer services to all external and internal customers, patients/families, co-workers, physicians, and long-term care staff.
- Obtain pre and post treatment vitals, weight and vascular access assessment. Report any unusual changes or findings to the nurse.
- Responsible for the setup, operation and performing safety checks of hemodialysis machines.
- Initiate and discontinue dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders and policy.
- Perform heparin administration as allowed by state law.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment including vital signs, treatment parameters, and change in condition.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory specimens as prescribed.
Physical Demands of the Job
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
- Requires mental, visual, and auditory attention.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR Certification or completion upon starting in unit.
- CCHT or BONENT certification
- Able to meet physical demands of the position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of dialysis technician experience.
- Dialysis certification required.
Why work at Concerto?
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits
- 401k match of 50% up to 6% of salary
- Paid holidays
- Discounts through PerkSpot
- Employer Paid Employee Assistance Program
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.