Job Overview: Die Cut Operator will be tasked with the safe and efficient operation of the die cut machine at AF-Shelbyville. The main focus will be the safety of themselves and their co-workers and producing quality product in a timely manner. They will work with co-workers in and out of their department to improve safety, quality, and production at the facility.
- Support Operations in the Finishing Department
- Part of the AF-Shelbyville Operations Team
- No direct reports
To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all safety standards and procedures at AF-Shelbyville. To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all quality standards and procedures at AF-Shelbyville. To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all production standards and procedures at AF-Shelbyville Possess good verbal and written communication skills. Has a good understanding of current operating standards and practices. Willingly learns and applies new standards and practices. Willing to learn and apply new skills. Able to understand and make accurate measurements; basic, high school-level math skills. Able to read, comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions in English. Basic computer skills. Understands and completes all paperwork related to Die Cut operations. Can set up jobs on Die Cut machine to the order specifications. Possess, and be able to apply, knowledge of the mechanics, operation, and basic maintenance of die cut machine. Able to troubleshoot operational issues with the die cut machine. Have a strong focus on quality. Understand and perform all quality checks. Can identify and eliminate quality defects. Completes tasks and produces quality product in a timely manner. Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives. Works with co-workers and management in a positive and constructive manner
Major challenges & complexities:
- Managing time and effort to safely meet the demands for quality product
- Working with co-workers in their own and other departments to make our company successful
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience and proficiency in the function, mechanics, and operation of die cut machines and operations.
- Good understanding of the safety, quality, and production standards of AF-Shelbyville
Education & Certifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of and ability to operate die cut machines
- Must be able to flex hours including weekends, in order to support multi-shift operation
- Ability to stay on task and follow instruction
- Basic measurement, math, communication, reading and writing skills
- Ability to understand and apply all Amcor safety, quality and production standards
- Must prioritize safety, above all else
Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and products
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a multi-cultural team.
Amcor (ASX: AMC; www.amcor.com) is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home- and personal-care and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve supply chains, through a broad range of flexible packaging, containers, cartons, closures and services. The company's 35,000 people generate more than US$9billion in sales from operations that span 200-plus locations in more than 40 countries.
With 16 plants in the Americas operating in 6 countries, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma, personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit www.amcor.com.