The Die Cutting operator runs a die cutting machine.
- Observes company safety rules and complies with safety practices.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and scrap rates meet or exceed established standards. Actively supports and uses quality control procedures (including SAP) that are in place.
- Operates assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner and is responsible for shift production.
- Directs activities of team operating assigned equipment.
- Has good working knowledge of computer-controlled equipment.
- Identifies and resolves process and equipment problems, while continually striving to develop and implement improvements.
- Notifies management of potential problems and offers solutions to same.
- Prepares accurate production, inventory, and material usage reports.
- Performs and directs make-ready on assigned equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance as required.
- Displays work habits that set example for peers.
- Trains new employees in proper operating procedure.
- Performs general housekeeping functions in assigned areas.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork)
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting safety requirements.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster