Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting Dieners (Autopsy Assistants) to support the VA Long Beach Healthcare System located at 5901 E 7th St, Long Beach, CA 90822. The services will be delivered on a Per Diem basis, scheduled in advance (normally in 4-hour blocks). The services will focus on assistance in the performance of autopsies. An exceptional Per Diem hourly pay rate is available for this position.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Shall fill in when necessary for the Autopsy Assistant with disposal of hazardous chemical waste from autopsy and surgical material, releasing of bodies to funeral directors and assist pathologist during autopsy conferences.
- Assures that all necessary documentation (reports of the deceased) is available, verifies that proper authorization for autopsy is at hand, and records all information necessary for autopsy records.
- Verifies that the body of the deceased is, in fact, the body to be autopsied, and makes all arrangements to schedule the autopsy.
- Prepares lab for autopsies including laying out supplies and instruments, transferring body to autopsy table, undressing and recording description of the body, flushing blood and body fluids from body.
- Prepares body for autopsy; weights and measures human remains.
- Ensures proper handling, transfers, labeling and storing of specimens.
- Prepares body by suturing and washing deceased, leaving body in the best condition possible and placing body back within crypts (cooler).
- Shall conduct cleanup in accordance with health and safety regulations. Responsible for cleaning and sterilizing all instruments and maintaining the morgue facilities including examination areas, autopsy bays, refrigeration units, and all other areas.
- Instructs other personnel in the proper procedures and protocols for evisceration techniques according to VA regulations and any other applicable regulations.
- Participate in Post Autopsy Panels discussing findings and evaluations.
- High school diploma (advanced degree not required).
- A current CV which identifies the provider’s education and professional qualifications commensurate with the position for which they are being offered to perform.
- At least one year of autopsy Diener experience is required. VA experience is desirable.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.