Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Main Propulsion and Control Systems Trainer in support of COMNAVSURFPAC Readiness Assistance and Training Team (RATT):
- Sailor centric deck plate training assists
- Reporting, analysis, recommendations, corrective actions and post-action reporting with crews as they prepare for major evolutions, certifications and inspections
- Identify performance/operational weaknesses throughout the assists
- Provide training and expertise to support identified weaknesses and improve operational readiness.
- Must have specific knowledge of the Main Propulsion and Control Systems
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Over twenty years of supervisory level watchstanding experience on warships or military auxiliaries with:
- Multiple platform main propulsion as Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Officer, Chief Engineer, or equivalent responsible for overall propulsion plant operations and associated control and auxiliary systems for gas turbine, diesel or MCM ships..
- Direct operational and maintenance experience, within the last five years, with the following systems currently in use by the Navy:
- Gas turbine main propulsion, gas turbine generators, associated control systems, and associated auxiliaries OR
- Diesel main propulsion, diesel generators, associated control systems, and associated auxiliaries
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles.
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.