When you join the Swift Team, you have a powerful force behind you. One that always has your back. We’re one of the biggest fleets on the road and we make our presence known, with more than 16,000 trucks, 60,000 trailers, and 16,000 company drivers. We’re dedicated to those to keeping our trucks moving and we need skilled technicians to be the backbone of our fleet.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
As a Fleet Mechanic you will complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Diesel Technicians perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, etc).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Assist any shop personnel as needed to create a cohesive and well-rounded shop environment centered around learning.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
- Perform offsite repairs to include all roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers.
Education: High School Diploma GED or graduation required. Driver’s license required. 2+ years of mechanical experience with on the job training or Diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school.
Experience Required: Driver’s license required.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance – Knight Provides Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K through Knight Transportation Paid Vacation
- Bonus Program
We look forward to you joining the team!